Saturday, July 12, 2014

A mid-summer day's post

After a bit of a blogging hiatus, I thought I would check in with an update. I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted... but I'm sure other teachers can relate, the end of the school year can be an all-consuming and exhausting blur! Finishing up assessments, working on report cards, and getting my classroom ready for the summer took up allllll of my time, and I'm really only now starting to recover :)

I have to say that teaching grade 2 was a fantastic experience and I LOVED those kids. And the grade. It's such a great age, and there is so much you can do with the curriculum. I loved how they blossomed into fluent readers over the course of the school year... and the WRITING, ohmygoodness. Coming from a kindie background, these kids blew me away with their progression into writing. I can honestly say that by the end of the year, I had read stories that were funny, clever, suspenseful, engaging, and exciting... all from 7 and 8 year olds! 

That being said, as much as I've loved grade 2, in September I will be returning to another awesome grade-- grade 1. I've taught grade 1 for three years in the past, and it's right up there as one of my most-loved grades to teach. I'm excited to return to grade 1 and build on what I already know, making it the best year yet. 

For any of you who follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers, this will mean a slight shift in focus in my store. You'll see new worksheets that are applicable to grade 1, but also units that are multi-level (suitable for all Primary grades)... not to mention a lot more center-based activities. I hope that you continue to find my products useful in your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment